[OpenAFS-devel] cannot shutdown 1.3.81 on linux 2.6.12-rc[12]

Roland Kuhn rkuhn@e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:43:02 +0200

--Apple-Mail-2-405912660

Hi Martin!

On Apr 19, 2005, at 11:03 PM, Martin MOKREJS(
<mmokrejs@ribosome.natur.cuni.cz> wrote:

> Roland Kuhn wrote:
>> Hi!
>> Sorry, I cannot reply to the thread with the similar name because I
>> just subscribed.
>> I immediately recognized the sysrq-t output and I would like to add
>> a: "me too!"
>
> Hi,
>  I haven't had a time to play with it more, the only think I've found
> that
> the "bos status -server foo -long" show all services are running. The
> machine
> has already closed all sessions, sshd refuses connection, user cannot
> unlock
> xscreensaver but afs server is still running (cannot comment on the
> client part).
> Martin

The problem has been solved for me, which I would attribute to the
CONFIG_SMP build (at the same time I used the debian packaged 1.3.81
source instead of the openafs.org tarball, but the diff doesn't show
anything related). Can someone knowledgable confirm that CONFIG_SMP is
mandatory when building the kernel with CONFIG_PREEMPT?

Ciao,
					Roland

--
TU Muenchen, Physik-Department E18, James-Franck-Str. 85747 Garching
Telefon 089/289-12592; Telefax 089/289-12570

--Apple-Mail-2-405912660
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-2-405912660--