[OpenAFS-devel] cannot shutdown 1.3.81 on linux 2.6.12-rc[12]

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:58:37 -0400 (EDT)

(Please stop copying me on these messages; I do read openafs-devel)

>>> Sorry, I cannot reply to the thread with the similar name because I just
>>> subscribed.
>>> I immediately recognized the sysrq-t output and I would like to add a: "me
>>> too!"
>>
>> Hi,
>>  I haven't had a time to play with it more, the only think I've found that
>> the "bos status -server foo -long" show all services are running. The
>> machine
>> has already closed all sessions, sshd refuses connection, user cannot
>> unlock
>> xscreensaver but afs server is still running (cannot comment on the client
>> part).
>> Martin
>
> The problem has been solved for me, which I would attribute to the CONFIG_SMP
> build (at the same time I used the debian packaged 1.3.81 source instead of
> the openafs.org tarball, but the diff doesn't show anything related). Can
> someone knowledgable confirm that CONFIG_SMP is mandatory when building the
> kernel with CONFIG_PREEMPT?

That suggests the patch from Chas Williams which is still in the queue may
be necessary. We'll gte it in for 1.3.82.