[OpenAFS-devel] ptsldap

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:47:34 -0400

On Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:40:57 AM -0400 Jeffrey Altman
<jaltman@columbia.edu> wrote:

> Brett:
>
> A better way to have handled this would have been for you to post the
> patch on a web server and then list the URL in an e-mail to the list.
> For a number of reasons it is preferred not to post 131K patches to
> a discussion list.
>
> (1) the mail is simply too large

mea culpa.  The list software normally would not have allowed such a large
post without moderator approval, and I should have pointed out this issue
rather than approving the message.

> (3) the gatekeepers would really prefer that submitted patches be sent
>     to the OpenAFS Request Tracker.  openafs-bugs@openafs.org

True, for submitted patches which are intended to be applied to the OpenAFS
CVS tree.  This, however, was not a submitted patch, and I believe sending
it to -bugs would have been premature.

-- Jeff