[OpenAFS-devel] 1.3.86 LINUX largefile-support broken

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:27:18 +0200

chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
> In message <42EDD836.2080201@rzg.mpg.de>,Hartmut Reuter writes:
>
>>The patch linux-largefile-fix-20050726 removed the special treatment for
>> files bigger than what is adressable with 32 bits. Therefor it has
>>broken large file support on LINUX.
>

> generic_file_read/write doesnt seem to have a 32-bit limitation.
>

>>I wonder whether the author ever tested his patch before submitting it.
>

> i did.  i wrote a 3GB file.

3 gb is under the 32bit line! if you try to write a 5 gb file you will
see that this doesn't work correctly. It overwrites the begin of the
file with the part beyond the 4gb-line!
Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)