[OpenAFS-devel] [FOR TESTING] OpenAFS 1.3.87 RPMs for RHEL4 (i386, x86_64)

Alex Rolfe arolfe@MIT.EDU
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:40:56 -0400

Christopher Allen Wing <wingc@engin.umich.edu> writes:
> Looking at your files, one thing I notice is that you are booting with
> 'root=/dev/hda2' instead of 'root=LABEL=/' which is the standard way
> that RHEL boots. (That's why you see an error in your dmesg: 'EXT2-fs
> warning (device hda2): ext2_fill_super: mounting ext3 filesystem as
> ext2')
>
> I don't know if this would be related to your problem, but are you
> really using ext2 as your root FS? Is this where /usr/vice/cache lives?

no, the root partition (where /var/cache/openafs is) is ext3.  Changing
it back to 'root=LABEL=/' didn't fix the problem.

I finally copied down a complete stack trace, included below and also at
/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/a/r/arolfe/afs-bugs/crash.1.txt

Alex