[OpenAFS-devel] Patch to implement default tuning proposal discussed a while ago

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:43:58 -0700

Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> writes:

> I'm running with the following afsd command line (which is what the
> debian packages decided to set it too.. I'll happill take suggestions on
> better optimizations, or how to find out what's thrashing)

> /usr/sbin/afsd -stat 2000 -dcache 800 -daemons 3 -volumes 70 -fakestat
> -afsdb -nosettime

Note that I just uploaded 1.3.87 packages to Debian unstable which, among
other things, completely redo the init script logic and defaults to
implement (in a coarse fashion) the tuning advice from the previous
thread.  I'd be very curious about any feedback.

I'm working on an openafs-doc package now, and then when that's done, will
review the various feedback on the cell setup scripts and go to work on
those.