[OpenAFS-devel] 1.3.87-rhel4.0 on uname -r ->2.6.9-11.ELsmp

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:21:42 -0400

In message <OFBE5FE1C0.A0820C20-ON86257060.001039B1-86257060.001111DC@us.ibm.co
m>,Kirby Bakken writes:
>I'm running a dual processor Opteron system with RHEL4 for x86_64, and
>although afs works fairly well, after 10-30 minutes of 'hard' usage, the

what is hard usage?  perhaps we can attempt to duplicate locally.

>system mostly hangs.   Any process xterm window having to do with afs
>hangs.  Other xterm windows not 'associated' with any 'touch' of afs data
>space continue to work, although a ps -ef command in an xterm typically
>hangs.

if the machine is still running, try issuing 'dmesg' and look at the
last dozen or so lines and look for an 'oops'.

if after that you dont see anything unusual try 'cmdebug localhost 7001 -long'
and send along that output.