[OpenAFS-devel] Patch to implement default tuning proposal discussed a while ago

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:28:29 -0400

chas williams reported that giant caches didn't work at all with the old
defaults, but did with the new.  Are you reporting the opposite?  Did your
8GB cache work with the old afsd and default parameters?  Did you cold-cache
before this run?

You do realize that you still need to set the parameters manually for a
cache this large, right?  I'm hoping we can get to where this is no longer
necessary, and I hope the recent commit is a step in the right direction.

Having said all that, your bt doesn't make sense.  The readdir call is at
line 793, not 778.  Is this with the latest afsd.c from cvs?