[OpenAFS-devel] Patch to implement default tuning proposal discussed a while ago

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:57:32 -0400

I don't know what you need to set for an 8GB cache.  There have been some
suggestions on this list.  You probably don't want quite so many cache
files.

I suspect there are bugs in the removal code.  I know that it didn't work at
all on OpenBSD, which returns EPERM rather than EISDIR if you try to unlink
a directory.  I fixed that one.

These bugs haven't shown up before because we don't usually shrink caches.
But the new defaults can have that effect.  So I suspect you are running
into a bug that's always been there and is now being exposed for the first
time.

In your case, I would guess that currp is no longer valid after removing
entries in the directory it's open on.  But I don't know enough about linux
to say for sure.