[OpenAFS-devel] Re: openafs is really faster on linux-2.4. than 2.6

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:49:20 -0700

Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> writes:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 10:32:56AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> I haven't seen reports of those problems since 1.3.82, which added fixes
>> for them.

> What openafs packages are in debian sarge?

1.3.81, which seems to work fairly well with the sarge kernels but
probably won't work if you try a newer 2.6 kernel than what shipped with
sarge.

> Is there some way to get those updated,

No.

> or are we stuck pulling packages from testing/unstable?

Or backports.org.  I may work on a backport for sarge for backports.org
once 1.4 is released and I finish becoming an official Debian developer.

Otherwise, we hope etch comes quickly.  :)  1.3.81 was at least better
than 1.2.13, which wouldn't have worked with 2.6 at all.