[OpenAFS-devel] Request feature summary info for platforms other than windows

hays@ibiblio.org hays@ibiblio.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:29:55 -0400

I've volunteered for Jeffrey's request, and have plenty of data for the
windows client, but if there's anything in particular you'd like
highlighted for another platform, please send me a note.

I hope to have a draft together by Sunday (I'll be working through the
changelog, but most of that is so terse as to be meaningless for my
purposes....).

tia,
bil

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Thursday, August 18, 2005 11:43 AM -0400
From: Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@columbia.edu>
To: openafs-doc@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS-Doc] Need a volunteer to help with a feature summary for
1.4

Folks:

The 1.4 release is literally days away.   The Gatekeepers need a
volunteer to help produce a summary list of major and minor changes
to OpenAFS since 1.2.   For raw information I have three sources:

* a ChangeLog produced from cvs log entries.   this includes mostly
  one or two line entries for each commit.

* a manually kept change log that I have maintained for the Windows
  release.  afs-changes-since-1.2.txt

* the periodic status report that I produce for the Windows release.

What we need is a summary of the major and minor feature changes
appropriate for inclusion in an Announcement e-mail and for posting
on the web site.   The tone of the produced text should provide
incentive for end-users and management to commit to upgrading their
servers and clients to the 1.4 series.

Jeffrey Altman

bil hays
Network Manager