[OpenAFS-devel] --enable-namei-fileserver and --enable-largefile-fileserver

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:55:24 +0200

On Aug 22, 2005, at 4:21 PM, Jim Rees wrote:

> I want to make --enable-namei-fileserver and --enable-largefile-
> fileserver
> be the default for the BSDs.  The inode server isn't really stable
> and I
> don't see any reason to continue supporting it.  And I don't see
> any point
> in not building with largefile support.  I suspect other platforms
> are in
> the same boat.
>
> Should we make these the default for all platforms, and add
> corresponding
> --disable-foo options?  Do this just for the BSDs?

Well, the AIX servers aren't that stable compiled with largefile
support.
The salvager isn't working properly either.

I don't think it would be a big deal, but somebody has to debug and
fix that.
(if possible, before we make it the default ;-) )

Horst