[OpenAFS-devel] PATCH: limit afsd auto-tuning to 500000 files

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs@ribosome.natur.cuni.cz
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:27:03 +0200

Hi,
  I have placed "ls -laSR" output of our afs tree. Unfortunately
do not have the time to process the raw data, but hope you can gather
something out of it. The cachesizes on the server are at the moment
configured for only 4GB, although a lot more is available on the partition.
I just used to have problems with afsd crashing some time ago.
Since then, I did not touch the server configuration. But we use
blindly "-chunk 20" as it was suggest as default.
http://195.113.57.20/~mmokrejs/tmp/afs-file-sizes.txt.gz (300kB)

Hope this helps.
Martin