[OpenAFS-devel] PATCH: limit afsd auto-tuning to 500000 files

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:05:12 -0500

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 12:27:03PM +0200, Martin MOKREJ? wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have placed "ls -laSR" output of our afs tree. Unfortunately
> do not have the time to process the raw data, but hope you can gather
> something out of it. The cachesizes on the server are at the moment
> configured for only 4GB, although a lot more is available on the partition.
> I just used to have problems with afsd crashing some time ago.
> Since then, I did not touch the server configuration. But we use
> blindly "-chunk 20" as it was suggest as default.
> http://195.113.57.20/~mmokrejs/tmp/afs-file-sizes.txt.gz (300kB)

http://scl.ameslab.gov/~troy/afs-biomed.cas.cz-filesize.png

I used the following to generate the 'sizes-sort' file:

grep -e '^-' afs-file-sizes.txt | awk '{ print $5 }' | sort -n > sizes-sort