[OpenAFS-devel] Re: openafs rpm patches

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:34:58 -0400 (EDT)

Alexander:

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the feedback.

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Alexander Bergolth wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Thanks for your openafs RPM! It works very well for me except for a few
> issues:
>
> *) The killafs script has a serious bug: If /afs is not mounted,
> fuser -km /afs will kill all processes that have open files in the
> _root_ filesystem!

Wow, that's a mistake. Fortunately this wouldn't hit the usual case, where
someone does:

 	/etc/init.d/afs stop

more than once; the init script won't do anything the second time.

> *) I'm using it on FC3 so a few fixes to openafs-bestmod were necessary
> to accept the FC3 kernel naming scheme.

I'll take a look at your patch and try to merge it, if things can be made
to work with both the Fedora and RHEL naming conventions.

> *) I removed the BuildRequires: kernel-hugemem-devel because FC3 doesn't
> have a hugemem kernel.
>
> *) The Copyright: tag in the spec-file should be replaced by License:

Thanks.

-Chris
wingc@engin.umich.edu