[OpenAFS-devel] clients able to create corrupt file on non-largefile server

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:50:52 -0500

I've got a volume that is unable to be moved or dumped, yet salvager
thinks it's fine.=20

It appears that the cause of this problem is that a windows client
attempted to create an over-2GB file, which failed.=20

The current state of the volume is that it has a bogus directory entry
for a 2GB-truncated file, which gives an I/O Error when attempting to
access. It's almost like their is a very slight disconnect between what
the file/vol server thinks is a LARGEFILE, and what the O/S does.=20

Strangely enough, rsync is able to read the file, but cp is not.
Probably a question of whather cp is largefile enabled on this old OS
build.

I'm not sure there's really anything to do here, but I'd be aware that
there may be a off-by-one error or something in size limitations for
large/non-large files somewhere.

-- Nathan

University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-6679
UMR Information Technology             Fax: (573) 341-4216