[OpenAFS-devel] rxkad private data eat kernel memory

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:37:19 +0100

Jim Rees wrote:
> If tickets can be up to 12K, and we usually don't need that much, and we're
> talking about kernel memory, would it make sense to dynamically allocate the
> space for the ticket?

That is what my patch does.
It allocates
sizeof(struct private_cdata) - MAXKTCTICKETLEN + ticketLen + 8.
The ticket is now at the end of this structure and we give 8 bytes more
because you never know what crypt and cksum do. At least it seemed not
to work without these 8 additional bytes.

Hartmut