[OpenAFS-devel] patch for S/390x Kernel 2.6 support

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:52:34 -0500

On Friday, February 04, 2005 12:44:13 PM -0500 chas williams - CONTRACTOR
<chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

> In message <48FC9E11F42B69916026F638@SIRIUS.FAC.CS.CMU.EDU>,Jeffrey
> Hutzelman w rites:
>> Since we don't exactly have any S390's lying around here, it was a
>> little
>
> ah sorry this was on x86.  i might be able to check the ia64 if there
> is any interest.

Yeah, we know it works on x86 and amd64. :-)
Testing on IA64 would be nice, though.

Actually, there is source in /afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/jhutz/junk/osi_probe for
a module that will run the scan and log the results, but not actually do
anything complicated.  It's smaller and faster to build than full AFS, and
can be loaded even while AFS is running.  So if folks want to try that on
platforms like S390, S390X, IA64, and PPC, that would be helpful.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer