[OpenAFS-devel] performance study

Kris Van Hees aedil-afs@alchar.org
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:11:19 -0500

I am currently doing just that, as far as the AFS client code is concerned,
under a grant from the Dept of Energy.  Results from that will be shared
once the work is done (and has been delivered to the DOE).  It is specifically
analyzing the cache manager components, and the RX protocol impact, in order
to isolate parts of the AFS client (and/or networking layer) that impact the
performance most.

Concerning the volserver...  Are you using the threaded volserver, and are you
seeing performance problems with all volumes, or specific types of volumes?
Since the way the propagation mechanism between volservers works, volumes with
a large amount of relatively small files will take a lot longer than a volume
of the same size with only a few very large files.

	Kris