[OpenAFS-devel] FYI: DCE is available under LGPL (fwd)

Dean Anderson dean@av8.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:43:41 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:26:45 -0500
From: David Lounsbury <d.lounsbury@opengroup.org>
To: William A. Estrem <waestrem@metaplexity.com>, opendce@opengroup.org
Subject: DCE is available under LGPL

On 1/6/05 3:28 PM, "William A. Estrem" <waestrem@metaplexity.com> wrote:

> I have reason to believe that there will soon be ways to use the
> original DCE 1.2 reference implementation under improved licensing.
> You have waited this long, I would ask for your continued patience just
> a tad bit longer.

Bill and everyone,

We've cleared all the final legal hurdles regarding DCE licensing and IPR.
As of today, The Open Group is making the DCE source code available under
the LGPL. We will shortly be updating the DCE web site to reflect this, but
I wanted to let this community know first.

I hope this will assist the community in all the initiatives to use DCE
technology I see going on.

Enjoy!

--

Regards,