[OpenAFS-devel] FYI: DCE is available under LGPL (fwd)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:04:38 -0500 (EST)

> We've cleared all the final legal hurdles regarding DCE licensing and IPR.
> As of today, The Open Group is making the DCE source code available under
> the LGPL. We will shortly be updating the DCE web site to reflect this, but
> I wanted to let this community know first.
>
> I hope this will assist the community in all the initiatives to use DCE
> technology I see going on.

I assume this is actually the same code which had previously been
available under somewhat more restrictive terms. I wonder how feasible it
is to start having multiprotocol fileservers. Well, this would mean
pulling the locking code in, but....