[OpenAFS-devel] directory trashing

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:09:31 -0500

As several people have reported, I am also seeing directory corruption when
I try to create large numbers of files (not necessarily in the same
directory).  The directory usually ends up looking empty when it's not.

This started some time between Aug 1 and Dec 7.  I suspect the changes to
struct buffer and afs_buffer.c, but I don't see anything obviously wrong.

Here's something that bothers me.  The old struct buffer used to carry around
an inode number, which is always good as long as the file is still there.
The new struct buffer carries a pointer to a dcache, which is a volatile
thing that can come and go.  If I'm creating large numbers of files, is it
possible for the directory buffers to be pointing to dcaches that are no
longer valid?