[OpenAFS-devel] Setting AFS ACLs from Linux kernel

Tom Keiser Tom Keiser <tkeiser@gmail.com>
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:00:57 -0400

On 6/23/05, Can Sar <csar@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Is there some way to programatically set AFS ACLs from inside the linux
> kernel? I am sure that this is possible but I haven't exactly figured out
> how to do it and could not really find much on the net. Is it done using
> Linux XATTRS?
>=20

AFAIK, the ACL administration code doesn't hook into the VFS layer,
although I know several people who think that would be a cool feature
;)

To see how ACL modification works, look at src/venus/fs.c, and
src/afs/afs_pioctl.c.  Probably the best solution would be to write a
new variant of afs_HandlePioctl that doesn't copyin and copyout the
pioctl args, and then write a kernelspace implementation of the ACL
serialization code from fs.c.

--=20
Tom Keiser
tkeiser@gmail.com