[OpenAFS-devel] PATCH: mac aklog & login/Logout plugin

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:33:24 -0600

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 03:01:16PM -0500, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
>
> >How is it broken? (I'm still interested in seeing the code, even if it's
> >broken). Does it work on any platform? I would make the argument that
> >having
> >broken code, but requireing an "--enable-aklog" configure argument to
> >enable it is better than nothing.
>
> Only if it's going to build on more than one platform. And in truth I'd
> prefer most or all of them. Let's say Linux, Solaris and MacOS,
> with Heimdal and MIT, are needed.

Do we really need heimdal support to have this in the CVS?

I was suprised to find that on Debian, the heimdal kinit AFS support for
getting tokens "just works".

Would having this work on MacOS and (Debian) Linux for MIT Krb5 be sufficient
to get this into CVS, with a '--enable-aklog' configure argument? I
don't have any Solaris boxes, and having it in CVS might encourage
someone with other platforms to make it work.