[OpenAFS-devel] Working around cache problems?

Terry Gliedt tpg@umich.edu
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:28:37 -0500

We have been trying to live with OpenMosix and OpenAFS (client). It
works much of the time, but about once a week one of my users comes and
shows me how the AFS cache has been corrupted. Comparing files in some
directory does not match files on another non-OpenMosix AFS machine.

Does anyone have a trick to force AFS to refresh its cache (for a
particular directory or even for all files?) The only way I know how to
accomplish this is to reboot, stop in single user mode, rm -rf the cache
  files and let AFS rebuild everything.

In the same line, I have never been able to stop the AFS daemon (which
could possibly allow sorting out the cache without the reboot). Has
anyone ever managed to do this?

Yes, I know the solution is to get an OpenAFS/OpenMosix combination that
actually works, but that has proven very difficult. I need a dedicated
test bed and ... well never mind. I'm working on it.

TIA for your suggestions.

Terry Gliedt     tpg@umich.edu       http://www.hps.com/~tpg/
Biostatistics, Univ of Michigan  Personal Email:  tpg@hps.com