[OpenAFS-devel] linux 2.6.11.4 and bogus 'setting clock back'

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:41:08 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Jim Rees wrote:

> -nosettime as default is in.  Please send me patches for the rest.  Think
> about making them dynamic, based on cache size.  Don't forget the release
> notes (NEWS at the top of cvs) if appropriate.
>
> Please don't just sit back and wait for "the developers" to make changes
> like this.  YOU are the developers.

This has actually been one of our ongoing issues, most of our patches come
from only a small handful of people. Aside from issues where we pushed
things back which needed a little tweaking or were clearly broken (like,
no, it's not ok to link libc into a kernel module) the other thing I can
think of we haven't taken recently is patches for aklog, and the upstream
maintainer asked us not to.