[OpenAFS-devel] file access logging in AFS

Tom Keiser Tom Keiser <tkeiser@gmail.com>
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:10:25 -0500

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:09:36 +0530, keerthi ram-gmail <ssk.ram@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to create file access logs, in the AFS servers.  I am currently
> looking for the place, where file requests are handled.  I need the
> access log in the format
>
> Can anyone tell me, where exactly such file requests are handled?  or,
> is there any monitor program,which can do the job..

One other thing I forgot to mention is that you could provide your own
implementation of osi_audit and osi_auditU in src/audit/audit.c.  At
the moment, those functions are no op's, except on AIX.  That should
provide a nice clean interface to your auditing application, and I'm
pretty sure everything in afsfileprocs calls osi_auditU.  But, all the
previously mentioned caveats still apply...

--
Tom Keiser
tkeiser@gmail.com