[OpenAFS-devel] file access logging in AFS

Tom Keiser Tom Keiser <tkeiser@gmail.com>
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:00:21 -0500

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:09:36 +0530, keerthi ram-gmail <ssk.ram@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to create file access logs, in the AFS servers.  I am currently
> looking for the place, where file requests are handled.  I need the
> access log in the format

The fileserver already has this type of logging in place, you just
need to increase LogLevel.  However, remember that AFS is a cacheing
filesystem, thus the resulting audit trail will be incomplete.
Furthermore, the name of the object accessed is not unique for files
due to hardlinks.  Thus, you'll need to come up with your own
heuristic to transform the (volume,vnode,uniqifier) tuple into
something usable.

> Can anyone tell me, where exactly such file requests are handled?  or,
> is there any monitor program,which can do the job..

look in src/viced/afsfileprocs.c

--
Tom Keiser
tkeiser@gmail.com