[OpenAFS-devel] add module license macro to Linux kernel module

Tim Spriggs tims@lpl.arizona.edu
Sat, 7 May 2005 02:50:25 -0700 (MST)

> >  however, I think it'd be *beter* if the
> > message weren't "libafs: module license 'unspecified' taints kernel", which
> > can look kind of scary. So, this makes it be "libafs: module license 'IBM
> > Public License Version 1.0' taints kernel" instead, which is at least more
> [...]
> My objection to doing this is that while it will help some users, it also
> in sense legitimizes the whole license checking scheme, and I'd rather we
> didn't help do that.

Out of pure curiousity, why is this seen as a bad thing? If this is a sore
topic then feel free to post to me directly to avoid starting a large
discussion.

Thanks,
-Tim

  /++--._.--++\  .                     _.-._
                                            \
Lunar and Planetary Lab                     }>
(520) 626 - 4991 -- SS 416                 _/

1629 E. University Blvd.
University of Arizona