[OpenAFS-devel] [Patch] add module license macro to Linux kernel module

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 07 May 2005 21:52:29 -0700

Andres Salomon <dilinger@athenacr.com> writes:
> On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 23:24 -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

>> I want openafs-modules-source to attempt to automatically build the
>> module for the running kernel when you install it. (Or at least ask if
>> you want to try to build the module)

> This is something we (the kernel maintainers) need to make happen when
> we redo the kernel packaging.  A hook when the -source package is
> installed, an another hook when a kernel is installed, that takes care
> of recompiling modules for the new or running kernel.

This is also Debian bug #168852.  I'd love to do this, but don't know
exactly how to do it safely.  I'd love to cooperate with the kernel
package maintainers on finding a good way to do this.  The OpenAFS build
system is rather more complex than most of the other kernel module
examples I've been able to find.