[OpenAFS-devel] Using aklog on MacOS with Apple Kerberos

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:31:06 -0600

Ken Hornstein wrote:

>>More on aklog using krb5-config, yes MacOS 10.4 has one, but the order of
>>the includes is different using the krb5-config vs the --with-krb5=yes and
>>KRB5CFLAGS= and KRB5LIBS=.  This caues problems with asetkey.c
>

> Sigh.  This is a mess with two different packages wanting two different
> com_err libraries and include files.  I have NO idea what the right answer
> is here.  I glossed over it with aklog, but it never really got solved
> properly.  Suggestions from the peanut gallery?

Are there any other systems where the kerberos headers are in /usr/include?
Is this a gcc bug? Why won't gcc let me  put /usr/include first if I want to?
(gcc-3.3.2 on Solaris will also drop /usr/include)

On the Mac at least uisng the Kerberos framwork will put the Kerberos headers
before the AFS.