[OpenAFS-devel] status of OS X Tiger support

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:17:55 -0400

On Friday, September 02, 2005 19:56:39 -0500 Troy Benjegerdes
<hozer@hozed.org> wrote:

>> > What would be the best way to generate a diff? Is it even worth trying
>> > to use the CVS merge functionality?  (I'm fishing for some suggested
>> > CVS commands to try)
>>
>> Find the first diff on the branch, then diff the head of the branch
>> against that date using cvs rdiff, probably.
>
> Would anyone object if I ran a tool like tailor
> ( http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor )
> to attempt to convert the openafs cvs repository to another version
> control system?
>
> I'm guessing it would be 'bad' to run said tool using the anoncvs
> server.. can I copy (or use via afs directly) the
> '/afs/grand.central.org/project/openafs/cvs/openafs' repository?

You're welcome to convert it to whatever you want for your own purposes.
Just don't expect us to switch version control systems overnight because
you think you've done all the work for us.  There are quite a few custom
tools in use for managing deltas, making releases, etc, which built on CVS.

You should also be aware that the AFS path to which you refer is only a
copy of the real repository.  Nominally it gets updated around 7:00am every
day, but it happens some ways into the process (after the mailing list
archives), so it may be a bit later than that.  Also, it's a replicated
volume, and the RO copies don't get released every day, so if you really
want something up-to-date, you'll want to look at the read/write copy.

   GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG/OpenAFS.ORG postmaster, webmaster, etc