[OpenAFS-devel] status of OS X Tiger support

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 12:10:39 -0500

> >>Find the first diff on the branch, then diff the head of the branch
> >>against that date using cvs rdiff, probably.
> >
> >Would anyone object if I ran a tool like tailor
> >( http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor )
> >to attempt to convert the openafs cvs repository to another version
> >control system?
> >
> >I'm guessing it would be 'bad' to run said tool using the anoncvs
> >server.. can I copy (or use via afs directly) the
> >'/afs/grand.central.org/project/openafs/cvs/openafs' repository?
>
> You're welcome to convert it to whatever you want for your own purposes.
> Just don't expect us to switch version control systems overnight because
> you think you've done all the work for us.  There are quite a few custom
> tools in use for managing deltas, making releases, etc, which built on CVS.

Is there more information on how deltas are managed somewhere? It seems
like there might be information in there that I'm interested in. As for
switching, I'm only really interested in having something that allows me
track the CVS head, while still having a local repository I can check
local changes into.

> You should also be aware that the AFS path to which you refer is only a
> copy of the real repository.  Nominally it gets updated around 7:00am every
> day, but it happens some ways into the process (after the mailing list
> archives), so it may be a bit later than that.  Also, it's a replicated
> volume, and the RO copies don't get released every day, so if you really
> want something up-to-date, you'll want to look at the read/write copy.

There's no CVSROOT, so
'cvs -d /afs/grand.central.org/project/openafs/cvs co openafs' doesn't
seem to work..

Something also looks really weird here..

-r--r--r--  1 sys 2010 87528 Dec 17  2004
/afs/grand.central.org/project/openafs/cvs/openafs/Makefile.in,v
-r--r--r--  1 sys 2010 97805 Aug 28 15:56
/afs/.grand.central.org/project/openafs/cvs/openafs/Makefile.in,v

vos exa -cell grand.central.org -id p.openafs.cvs.readonly
vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.
p.openafs.cvs.readonly            536871080 RO     116857 K  On-line
    GRAND-OPENING.MIT.EDU /vicepx
    RWrite  536871079 ROnly  536871080 Backup          0
    MaxQuota     500000 K
    Creation    Fri Jan 28 19:08:13 2005
    Copy        Fri Jan 28 19:08:13 2005
    Backup      Thu Jan 27 23:00:45 2005
    Last Update Fri Jan 28 06:39:43 2005
    88 accesses in the past day (i.e., vnode references)

    RWrite: 536871079     ROnly: 536871080     Backup: 536871081
    number of sites -> 2
       server GRAND-OPENING.MIT.EDU partition /vicepx RW Site
       server GRAND-OPENING.MIT.EDU partition /vicepx RO Site