[OpenAFS-devel] Windows Terminal Server

Tim Spriggs tims@lpl.arizona.edu
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 00:41:17 -0700 (MST)

  yay for deprecation! :) They are finally moving away from DOS!

  Is there any way of getting around this? I could make a startup script,
I'm sure, to map the drive if it doesn't exist but that seems a little
hackish. I like the idea of having a drive letter for our users even
though it is easy for _me_ to tell them they should type in \\AFS\(cell
name)\... somewhere and map it.

Suggestion from the peanuts gallery:

  It seems like the global drives feature might simply be implemented
differently. Since the common user can see drive mappings made by the
administrator in the global drives configuration area, the AFS client
could try to map those as user mounts for an individual session. This way
openafs still has the ability to do the "global drive" in the sense of
users seeing system-administrator default mappings.

  Furthermore, if the same behavior is expected from global mappings then
the unmount operation could be denied from openafs.

/Suggestion

Thanks!
-Tim

  /++--._.--++\  .                     _.-._
                                            \
Lunar and Planetary Lab                     }>
(520) 626 - 4991 -- SS 416                 _/

1629 E. University Blvd.
University of Arizona