[OpenAFS-devel] Re: "aklog -version" in 1.4.1?

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:04:05 -0400

>Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:
>> So, from where I'm sitting, the aklog that OpenAFS has
>> shipped in a working state hasn't changed really at all.
>
>That's not the issue.
>
>It's distinguishing the aklog that "shipped with OpenAFS" from the
>serveral versions with varying abilities that "are often
>deployed/bundled with OpenAFS" that is at issue here.

I don't view that as a problem that OpenAFS needs to solve; that problem
lies squarely in the laps of the people who create those binary bundles.
I think if you have an issue regarding those bundles, you need to talk
to the people who create them.

That being said ...

- You should be able to get a rough idea of the capabilities of aklog with
  "ident".  Also, looking at the usage statement for the -524 flag ought to
  be helpful.
- I have been told that future releases will include the aklog that ships
  with OpenAFS, so eventually this will be a non-issue.

--Ken