[OpenAFS-devel] Re: "aklog -version" in 1.4.1?

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:34:17 -0700

Okay, it's ugly, but the -524 test should be good enough.

My main concern here is users at well-established AFS sites (say,
CMU/MIT/Stanford) who access my cell.  The way it's set up, things
work great with the latest aklog, zero configuration needed.  I've
found that prior aklogs fail (sometimes nondeterministically) because
I rely so heavily on AFSDB, Kerberos SRV, and cross-realm
authentication.  These all work quite well in the 1.4.1 aklog, though.

If a collaborator at one of these other AFS sites has troubles
aklogging, I need a quick way for them to determine if their aklog
version is the problem.  I guess that for now I can explain to them
that looking for this strange flag is the only way to figure out what
version they're using.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380