[OpenAFS-devel] MIT supports OpenAFS under RHEL 3 and RHEL 4.

William Cattey wdc@MIT.EDU
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:25:15 -0400

I was pleased to see Jeff advocate in favor of a patch to enable
OpenAFS 1.4.1 to happily build for Red Hat Enterprise 3.  MIT
currently supports both Red Hat Enterprise 3 and Red Hat Enterprise
4.  We have varying degrees of support for both of these platforms,
and of OpenAFS 1.2.11, and 1.4.1 on them.

We'd like to standardize on OpenAFS 1.4.1 for BOTH RHEL 3 and RHEL 4,
so as to enable our customers a graceful migration path from RHEL 3
to RHEL 4 with AFS as a crucial piece of the infrastructure.

So YES! Thank you!  OpenAFS 1.4.1 on both RHEL 3 and RHEL 4 is a GOOD
thing for us!

-wdc