[OpenAFS-devel] openafs-1.4.1 build failure on RHEL3 -- aklog fails to build

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:23:49 -0400

seth vidal <skvidal@linux.duke.edu> writes:

> rpm -q --qf "%{version}\n" --whatprovides redhat-release
>
> that should get you the right answer on:
> red hat linux
> rhel
> fedora
> centos
>
> among others.

Thanks, but not very useful:

[warlord@cliodev ~]$ rpm -q --qf "%{version}\n" --whatprovides redhat-release
3

So what does "3" mean?  I need more information to determine that
this is Fedora Core 3..  Then of course I would need to do this
within a SPEC rule such that I could make a SPEC conditional out
of it.

Thanks, but no thanks.

I've already got a solution.  See my other thread that I just
started.

-derek