[OpenAFS-devel] keyring/pag support for linux

David Howells dhowells@redhat.com
Wed, 02 Aug 2006 16:11:20 +0100

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> wrote:

> Is keyctl() exported in the kernel now? Otherwise, this won't work for us.

No... this is performing a syscall from kernel mode.  It ought to work on all
the archs you're interested in.

> > Another alternative might be to try putting the PAG stuff in the main
> > kernel, and add a keyctl function to set or get a pag.
>
> That would be fine, I suspect, since NFS v4 would probably also use it. Kevin?

I believe NFS4 is going to store its keys in the keyring directly, rather than
using a PAG.  Would that be possible for AFS?

David