[OpenAFS-devel] keyring/pag support for linux

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:15:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, David Howells wrote:

> Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> wrote:
>
>> Is keyctl() exported in the kernel now? Otherwise, this won't work for us.
>
> No... this is performing a syscall from kernel mode.  It ought to work on all
> the archs you're interested in.

Hm. I wish Chas were back here today, perhaps this is the answer (if ugly)

>> That would be fine, I suspect, since NFS v4 would probably also use it. Kevin?
>
> I believe NFS4 is going to store its keys in the keyring directly, rather than
> using a PAG.  Would that be possible for AFS?

Possibly, but not from day 1, which is how we are where we are now. It
requires a flag day, which it would be nice to sequester to a major
version release.

Derrick