[OpenAFS-devel] keyring/pag support for linux

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:34:58 -0400

In message <Pine.GSO.4.61-042.0608021113420.4811@johnstown.andrew.cmu.edu>,Derr
ick J Brashear writes:
>On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, David Howells wrote:
>> No... this is performing a syscall from kernel mode.  It ought to work on al
>
>Hm. I wish Chas were back here today, perhaps this is the answer (if ugly)

its ugly but indeed it does work.  a minor nit, is that you need to handle
errno from __syscall_return() since errno is not an export symbol (not
surprising).

however, it looks like this is handled differently on different platforms,
in particular ia64.  the kernel is running fixed gp mode so i dont this
it will work to call a syscall from a gp relative model without some
extra work.