[OpenAFS-devel] openafs shadows patch

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Thu, 03 Aug 2006 02:35:16 -0400

I talked very briefly with jhutz about "vos shadow" and some backup logic
being done at UofM.  I'm afraid we didn't get a chance to do this early
enough to have any real discussion about it or to get others involved.
Of course, we can still have that discussion right here.

Before I left A^2, I asked drh for a copy that I could
share with you folks, so here it is:
	/afs/umich.edu/group/itd/build/mdw/tmp/afs-shadows-v2.patch.bz2
these apply against 1.4.1.  Note these probably aren't quite complete.

Dan (drh@umich.du) and Steve Simmons (scs@umich.edu) are the two
people who did most of the work on this.  I actually know very little
about this, so if you have any interesting questions about this,
you'll probably want to talk with scs & drh directly.

Rest here are Dan's messages on the patch.

				-Marcus

Following is what drh said about this:
> To: mdw@quince.ifs.umich.edu
> From: Dan Hyde <drh@umich.edu>
> Subject: shadows patch
> Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 05:12:26 -0400
>
> See ~itd/build/drh/openafs/shadows.patch for the patch file you requested.
>
> Again, there is still to come a patch so vos restore preserves
> vosIsShadow in the volume header and skips putting such a volume into
> the VLDB.
>
> Thanks.

and