[OpenAFS-devel] OA-1.4.2b3 still fails to define KRB524_CONVERT_CREDS_KDC

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:17:33 -0400

Quoting Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>:

> Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:
>
>> 1.4.2-beta3 still has problems with KRB524_CONVERT_CREDS_KDC.  I THINK
>> the problem is that configure and/or autoheader don't like the fact that
>> the AC_DEFINE is nested so deeply.  SO...  Here's a patch to try to fix
>> that.
>
> I'd rather use a newer version of Autoconf than do this -- it may well
> work, but it's going in the wrong direction towards using more temporary
> variables, something that we're already doing way too much of.  I *can*
> test with 2.13 if we really have to, but I'd rather make the 1.4.3 release
> with Autoconf 2.59 or 2.60.

I'd rather have a working tarball.. I don't care how.  I just want it
working.  Sure, I can just have my SPEC file rerun regen.sh (well,
I'll do it manually -- no need to regenerate the man pages), but
that's kind of grody.

I agree that it would be nice to just upgrade to new auto-tools, but
that hasn't happened and as far as I can tell it wont ever happen..
I mean, 2.5x has been out for several years now and the server still
isn't using it, so I have no faith that this is going to change anytime
soon...   :-(

So.. I'm trying to work within the boundaries of the existing system
so we have a working tarball.

-derek