Make Targets (was Re: [OpenAFS-devel] OA-1.4.2b3 still fails to define KRB524_CONVERT_CREDS_KDC)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:58:13 -0400

Quoting Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>:

>> You mean something like:
>>
>> "foo bar": ... ?
>
> I mean like that, except that works.
>
>> I'm not sure make supports that easily.  Where do you need spaces in
>> the Make target?
>
> I want an install rule which installs
> ${DEST}/mumble/Library/Contextual Menu Items/AFSCMPlugIn.plugin
>
> Afterwards I will want several other similar rules.

I would say just ignore the target and always install..

install:
    for f in AFSCMPlugIn.plugin ... ; do \
        $(INSTALL) $$f "$(DEST)/mumble/Library/Contextual Menu Items" ; \
    done

Yeah, it's not as nice or pretty and it will always install the file
even if it hasn't changed...  But it will at least work.   I just don't
think there's a good way to have spaces in a target name.

> Derrick

-derek