[OpenAFS-devel] setgroups() fails to change pag under linux 2.6

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:33:17 -0400

In message <A4150D24-B8D8-4D74-BE66-4DC062E40FDA@e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de>,Rol
and Kuhn writes:
>Why is it necessary to identify a PAG by something else than the
>equivalent keyring? Forgive my ignorance about keyring internals, but
>I would imagine that a PAG is represented by processes holding a
>reference to a certain keyring, which in turn contains an
>authentication token for AFS.

i dont really understand what you are asking.   i guess you are asking
why the session keyring doesnt contain a key with the afs authentication
token.  it could.  however, a generalized pag interface would simply
provide a unique identifier for each process group.