[OpenAFS-devel] setgroups() fails to change pag under linux 2.6

Roland Kuhn rkuhn@e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:43:58 +0200

--Apple-Mail-16-838180078

Hi Chas!

On 10 Aug 2006, at 16:33, chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:

> In message <A4150D24-B8D8-4D74-BE66-4DC062E40FDA@e18.physik.tu-
> muenchen.de>,Rol
> and Kuhn writes:
>> Why is it necessary to identify a PAG by something else than the
>> equivalent keyring? Forgive my ignorance about keyring internals, but
>> I would imagine that a PAG is represented by processes holding a
>> reference to a certain keyring, which in turn contains an
>> authentication token for AFS.
>
> i dont really understand what you are asking.   i guess you are asking
> why the session keyring doesnt contain a key with the afs
> authentication
> token.  it could.  however, a generalized pag interface would simply
> provide a unique identifier for each process group.

My point is: What would you want to do with this identifier? What is
it needed for? Which operations are made possible by knowing this
identifier?

To David:

AFAICS there is no scarcity issue if you simply attach some token to
some processes... But on the other hand the world isn't going to stop
turning because I don't understand this ;-)

Ciao,
                     Roland

--
TU Muenchen, Physik-Department E18, James-Franck-Str., 85748 Garching
Telefon 089/289-12575; Telefax 089/289-12570

--Apple-Mail-16-838180078
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-16-838180078--