[OpenAFS-devel] afsd: Error -1 in basic initialization.

Chris Mattmann chris.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:59:16 -0700

Hi,

> You should not have had to do any such thing.
> The script you need is installed as part of the openafs-client RPM.
> All you needed to do was
>
> /sbin/service openafs-client start

Yup, you're right. I see that there is an openafs-client script in
/etc/init.d. I did not notice that before and having worked with AFS in the
past, I recall that on certain flavors of OS'es, that the script was called
"afs", which made me completely gloss over "openafs-client". Anyways, yeah,
sorry I missed it.

Cheers,
  Chris