[OpenAFS-devel] aklog on MacOS X was Re: Service Ticket Questions

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:34:27 -0800

Henry B Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:

> Just to be clear my desire is that OpenAFS provide a documented
> interface (like Heimdal kafs) that can be used by different people on
> different OS's to provide whatever hooks are appropriate to that OS.

For Unix platforms (ie, not Windows or Mac), I will be implementing this
for 1.5.  The tentative plan at the moment is to call the library
libkopenafs and export the same interface as Heimdal's libkafs.  There are
a few weird bits that I have to work out, but for the most part this looks
reasonably straightforward.  This, however, is a lower-level library, and
I don't know how useful it would be on the Mac.