[OpenAFS-devel] aklog on MacOS X was Re: Service Ticket Questions

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:19:01 -0500

>For Unix platforms (ie, not Windows or Mac), I will be implementing this
>for 1.5.  The tentative plan at the moment is to call the library
>libkopenafs and export the same interface as Heimdal's libkafs.  There are
>a few weird bits that I have to work out, but for the most part this looks
>reasonably straightforward.  This, however, is a lower-level library, and
>I don't know how useful it would be on the Mac.

I've been treating (at least in terms of OpenAFS) Mac as Unix, even
though that means the user interface isn't as wonderful as Mac users
would like.  I think libkopenafs would be useful on Mac.

BTW, are you planning on requiring libkopenafs to link against
com_err?  I was wondering if I could use it for aklog and make my life
a couple hundred times easier (probably I can't, because I might still
have to link against the prot library, but I can dream).

--Ken