[OpenAFS-devel] klog seg faults on FC5

Marc Dionne dionne@cs.wisc.edu
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:20:08 -0500

Hi,

The glibc included with FC5 has a change that breaks the lwp code in
openafs.  The setjmp() function now mangles the stack pointer, and the
lwp code has to be able to do the same mangling to be able to modify the
pointer.

I posted a quick patch to lwp\process.c a few weeks ago that fixes it
for i386; you should be able to find it in the archives.  It's not a
general fix - someone suggested that it might be better to use
setcontext() and friends on platforms that support it.

Marc